I love fall shopping more than any other season. I don't get to shop for school anymore but that doesn't mean I can't get a few things to update my wardrobe. I know we can’t wear all of these things yet in this summer heat but when the stores bring it out, I start planning. Here’s my list of fall must haves to start looking for.
1. Camo- I have never been a camo person. Except when I was nine and thought purple camo was cute on a purse but that’s it. I am cracking and trying something camo for fall. I just ordered this camo shirt and there are some cute skinnies here. I plan on wearing the shirt with jean shorts for now and black skinny jeans. The camo skinnies would look cute with a simple black or white top and a necklace.
2. Long Cardigan- Yep the really long sweaters that were cool when I was in middle school are cool again here . You can update it by wearing with a midi dress and necklace.
3. Midi Dress- This dress will look cute with booties and is something you can wear now. The length also makes the dress appropriate for many different places which mean you will wear it a lot. I just ordered this one and if you want pattern, this one is striped. F21 is currently having a sale online.
4. Fringe Booties- The one pair of shoes you should invest in right now. You can wear these now with dresses and later with jeans and a sweater.
5. Swing Dress- Great on every body type thanks to its loose fit. I already did a post on this one in the summer but this is definitely going to transition into fall. Paired with booties, a hat and maybe a sweater when the weather cools off and this dress will be a great investment (that’s less than $20!).
6. Reversible Tote- This vegan leather tote (reversible) is great for school or work due to its large size. Target has a version that has more color choices and is a little cheaper here. If you are looking for something big enough for books, this is it.
7. Military Style Shirt Dress- These dresses are super versatile and can be dressed up for work. Target has a really cute option in stores if you’re lucky enough to find it. They are sold out by me and I couldn’t find them online. Express has some that are available in green and black but I linked the blue here because it’s a great color and everything else on this list is dark.
8. Plaid Shirt- These shirts are not just for county fairs and tying around your waist at country concerts. This is one you can wear with jeans and this is one you can dress up for work. This is one item you might already have somewhere in your closet since it never really went out of style.
9. Chambray Dress- Cute with a pair of booties and a hat. These are everywhere but trying to find a good quality one isn’t the easiest. I think I found a good option hereJust make sure to buy it on sale. Currently 40% off online with code PREP.
10. Felt Hat- This floppy hat is an option or this maroon one. These not only pull together an outfit, they can also hide a bad hair day.
I hope this list inspires the beginning of your fall wardrobe.